Wednesday 23 March 2016

#RockandRoll

A rock might be useless, we all know that. But an inscription on a rock could last forever. So careful with whatever you engrave on it!
In Birmingham you can find inscriptions on benches, but also in hidden stones that you might not see if you don't like mud tracks, like the one there is between Selly Oak and Harborne (Bourn Brook Walkaway).


"When you only see one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you"

I'm not sure if this is a verse of the Bible, but I think somebody chose the right place to place it. You will never walk alone through Bourn Brook, even if you go at night when there is no light at all!









*DO NOT MISS*

This inscription reminded me of a picture I took on 2014. This time, the inscription is on a trunk. I found it while exploring some parks close to Northfield - it may be Senneleys Park or somewhere else around Frankley. 


"We play our games and the sky goes on"

I think the figure of the squid is just amazing, I wouldn't expect something like that in a city that has nothing to do with the sea. And of course, I love the message and the place it was located... 






Please, always walk with your eyes wide open, because you never know what you could be missing out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment