Monday 28 March 2016

#ChangeO'Clock

Last weekend we spent a night around Moseley, a lovely village in the south of Birmingham where JRR Tolkien lived during his early years. It's a very nice place for a night out and for a lunch/dining meeting if you fancy modern, young and live music pubs, and also it's a nice place to live in -even awarded in 2014 as the Best Urban Community!


The nightlife there is specially popular, with lots of nice and big pubs with huge gardens and different types of music. By chance -kind of- we found a great Cuban pub that I never heard of before. I'm sure me and my friends would have spent lots of nights there a year ago if we'd known... When we all were Spanish, Mexicans, Italians and a lovely Cuban and very patriotic girl looking for somewhere new to go,

But the curious picture about Moseley is not the big sign, of course not.

On our windy way to this club -surprisingly windy, as we had a lovely sunny and quiet day- we came across this clock that shows how the weather changes. Yep, very British!


So on Friday the weather was nice (fair): sunny, no wind at all, even warm. But about 8 pm everything started to change, and all we knew was that something was going to happen. It wasn't raining -yet- but this friendly clock was TOTALLY RIGHT. The change drove us to a rainy Saturday, a day to be at home. I'm pretty sure the hand was in stormy anytime that day.

Well, Moseley, you have now all my respect. When I don't trust the BBC forecast, I'm going to have a walk around you and check what you have to tell me about what is going to happen above my head.

(Probably some British will be laughing at me as I find this weird, but honestly, it's the first time I see something like this!).

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment